- This event has passed.
May 23 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us for a new therapy group for lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, queer, questioning, and trans women, femmes and non-binary folks.
Group therapy is a collaborative process for exploring personal challenges and growth. Some people may choose to join a therapy group in addition to individual therapy, or try out group therapy as a stand-alone treatment. Potential benefits of group therapy include opportunities to:
- Get feedback and support from others in a therapeutic space
- Explore dynamics with other people as they arise in the present
- Gain insight into how you interact with others and how others perceive you
- Identify areas for growth and motivate positive change
Led by skilled clinical interns who are receiving special training and supervision in group therapy, the group provides an LGBTQ-affirming and confidential space to explore a variety of issues including:
- Difficult feelings about self and others
- Social roles, visibility, boundaries
- Shame and internalized oppression