POSITION TITLE: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR & CLINICAL DIRECTOR
The Maple Counseling Center (TMCC) is a non-profit 501(c)3 whose mission is to provide low-cost comprehensive mental health services to individuals of all ages, couples, and families throughout Los Angeles County, and to provide training for graduate and postgraduate students who are working towards licensure in the mental health field. As the organization prepares to celebrate its 50th Anniversary (2022) of dedicated service to the community, TMCC seeks a senior administrative support staff member who is detail-oriented, has a talent for multi-tasking and organizing, as well as excellent communication skills. Reporting to both the Executive Director and Clinical Director, the Executive Assistant provides support to all departments and is their primary liaison with staff and various stakeholders. His/her key job responsibilities include managing the day-to-day administrative support for these two key roles at the Center, including scheduling, project research, writing and editing internal and external communications, donor database and Electronic Health Records System (EHR) management and reporting, and functioning as the primary staff member to assist the Board of Directors.
From Monday – Friday, the Executive Assistant will work remotely (while under COVID-19 safety restrictions) or from the Center only as necessary; however, once it is safe to do so, this position is full-time at the Center. Some weekend and evening work are required throughout the year as needed and at major events.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director and Clinical Director, including managing schedules for meetings with all stakeholders.
- Assist with the coordination and production of TMCC mailings.
- Research and assistance with clinical projects, donor campaigns, communications initiatives, and operational projects as needed.
- Responsible for writing, editing, and disseminating communications to certain external stakeholders and to staff and/or counselors on behalf of the Center, ensuring that all Center-wide written and electronic communications are professional and to the highest standards.
- Organize and maintain records, office files, and other materials as necessary.
- Support with all internal functions such as expense reports, reimbursements, travel arrangements, and any other such necessary functions.
Clinical Program Support
- Prepare regular reports from data in the Electronic Health Record (EHR), with summary and/or analysis as needed.
- Assist the Clinical Director in quality assurance activities, including tracking data on chart documentation, access timelines, intern compliance and program compliance.
- Send out communications and disseminate information to interns. Request information from interns (surveys, schedule availability, evaluations), track responses, and follow up as needed.
- Work with interns on graduate school and offsite supervisor paperwork (DocuSign support, tracking).
- Assist the Clinical Director in compiling/analyzing data from outcome and evaluation measures.
- Assist the Maple Alumni Association and its President with programmatic, communication, and meetings support.
- Provide technical support for Zoom trainings, presenters, and programmatic events.
- Take meeting minutes for Intern Council Meetings run by Clinical Director.
- Process all donations and prepare donor correspondence within 48 hours of receipt.
- Maintain accurate and current records in Raiser’s Edge (donor database) for all donations and reporting, including acknowledgements, tax receipts, and grant information.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed, and generate donor lists on a regular basis as requested.
- Conduct research on donors and prospective individual, corporate and foundation partners.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors and other constituents.
- Support as needed in event outreach and volunteer activities.
- Provides support as needed for communications materials.
Liaison to Board and Stakeholders
- Preparation for all Board meetings; meeting notices, meeting materials, minutes, and related logistical support.
- Regularly update all forms used for Board recruitment, organization letterhead and general information.
- Support scheduling regular meetings and administrative needs of all Board Committees.
- Provide administrative support for the Center’s alumni; volunteers; offsite clinical supervisors, and Community Circle Program.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- B.A. degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of two years of experience as an administrative assistant or customer service position. Strong organizational and overall administrative skills required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or comparable donor database; including the ability to run database queries and reports.
- Strong organizational and overall administrative skills.
- Exceptional responsiveness, both by phone and email.
- Exemplary verbal/written communication skills are required (writing samples will be requested).
- A warm, engaging, and collaborative personality.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Availability for occasional nights and weekends.
Capabilities & Values
- High achievement orientation; goal-oriented with a strong ownership mentality; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to achieve goals.
- Agile & strategic thinker who is able to see the big picture as well as map out the details to achieve goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills / EQ with the ability to communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups; and collaborate to foster positive relationships across all stakeholders.
- Multi-tasker and ruthless prioritizer; you are happiest when you are working on many things at once, yet are able to sort through the important from the unimportant.
- Co-creates a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation while embracing evaluation that leads to excellence and impact.
- Role model within the organization to uphold and implement TMCC’s organizational values.
- Passion for social impact and driving positive change
Full-time, non-exempt with comprehensive health benefits
$50,000-$58,000 (commensurate with experience)
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: email@example.com. Please make the subject line read: Executive Assistant