REPORTS TO: Clinical and Program Director
The Maple Counseling Center (TMCC) is seeking an Intake Supervisor and Training Coordinator. The Maple Organization is preparing to relocate to a new facility in late 2020 or early 2021, and we look forward to future growth of our organization.
Organizational Background: The Maple Counseling Center (TMCC) is a nonprofit organization that provides affordable mental health services for those in need throughout the greater Los Angeles community. Fees are assessed based on each individual’s income. Beginning as a ‘grassroots’ organization in 1972, TMCC provides services to over 3,500 people of all ages at the agency’s headquarters facility, in school-based programs, and through community partnerships. TMCC is known in the clinical community as a highly regarded training center for graduate students working toward licensure in the field of mental health.
The position includes three primary components: coordinating intern training, oversight of the intake program, and cultivating and assigning volunteer off-site supervisors to interns.
The position provides an opportunity to work closely with the Center’s interns and play an integral role in the day-to-day operation of the agency.
- Oversee the flow of the intake process for adult clients from screening through the beginning of counseling, with the goal of prompt/efficient assignment to a counselor.
- Review completed intakes to ensure proper assignment and secure outside referrals when necessary.
- Develop and execute intake training program for all first year interns, including assessment and diagnosis.
- Ongoing consultation with clinical staff and interns.
- In collaboration with the Clinical and Program Director, develop the training curriculum for TMCC interns, including recruitment of presenters.
- Recruitment/interviewing/assignment of all potential voluntary supervisors for MSW and MFT associates and trainees.
- Work closely with administrative support staff to oversee and facilitate intake scheduling.
- Interface with Finance Department on issues related to client fee setting.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Responsible for the implementation and administration of continuing education units
(CEU) available for licensed professionals, including TMCC’s alumni.
- Oversee the evaluation process for all speakers (trainings) and for off-site supervisors (intern progress).
- Provide monthly statistics for Intake Program.
- Implement and administer continuing education unit (CEU) program for licensed professionals.
- Keep the Clinical Program Director fully informed of any legal or ethical issues on an ongoing basis.
- MFT or MSW required/license eligible. License is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Agency experience would be beneficial.
- Above all, want to hire an individual with the capacity and desire to improve processes and maximize efficiency.
This is a part time nonexempt hourly position – 20-28 hours per week.
$30-36 per hour
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER VIA E-MAIL TO NMACKENZIE@TMCC.ORG.
COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION. NO TELEPHONE CALLS,