The goal of group psychotherapy is to make permanent positive changes in how group members feel about themselves, how they are in important relationships in their lives, and their ability to lead a personally meaningful life.
Group therapy is a collaborative process for exploring personal challenges and growth. Some people may choose to join a therapy group in addition to individual therapy, or try out group therapy as a stand-alone treatment. Potential benefits of group therapy include opportunities to:
- Get feedback and support from others in a therapeutic space
- Explore dynamics with other people as they arise in the present
- Gain insight into how you interact with others and how others perceive you
- Identify areas for growth and motivate positive change
Ongoing support in a safe environment where people can talk about their thoughts, feelings, and life events that they can’t talk about anywhere else.
Join Our Newest Group
Ongoing Groups Include:
Creating Meaningful Relationships:
- Heal old wounds, resolve old issues, and improve current relationships through the understanding and resolution of early life experiences.
- Have a corrective emotional experience in a group that replicates healthy relationship dynamics.
- Be able to talk about and deal with difficult existential issues such as death, loss, living a meaningful life.
Group I: Ages 40+. Meets every Tuesday 6:20pm- 7:50pm
Group II: Ages 20 – 39. Meets every Wednesday 6:20pm – 7:50pm
Group III: Meets every Thursday 12:00pm – 1:30pm
Gay Men’s Group:
This group provides an LGBT-affirming, safe, and confidential place for gay men to explore a variety of issues both general and specific to our community, including:
- Difficult feelings about self and others
- Recovery from self-sabotaging behaviors
- Shame and internalized homophobia
Meets Every Tuesday at 5:15pm-6:45pm
LGBTQ+ -affirming group that provides a nonjudgmental, self-reflective, community-building atmosphere for persons identifying as queer, non-binary, trans, bisexual, lesbian, and gay. This group explores gender identity, sexual orientation, self-acceptance, internalized homonegativity, relationships, and vulnerabilities. This group is created for individuals to connect with one another based on the experiences of living in a heteronormative world.
Meets Every Thursday at 6:20pm-7:50pm
Wouldn’t it be great to have a place to discuss both the joys and challenges of parenting? Our support group is for parents of children of all ages. In a safe and supportive environment, talk, share and explore new ways to have a more satisfying relationship with your kids.
Meets Every Wednesday at 7:00pm-8:00pm